Blizzard Esports is seeking an Editor to support the Call of Duty League. This person will be primarily responsible for creating and publishing content to the Call of Duty League website. This person will also work cross-departmentally, strategically allocating time to support all Call of Duty initiatives through thoughtful content generation and event coverage. This role will help develop our brand online, grow our esports audience, and increase content reach and engagement.
The ideal candidate will have a background in publishing and/or social media and will be an experienced contributor—passionate about esports, innovative brand communication, the gaming industry, and player communities. Please note that this position will be required to work some nights and weekends, and some travel will be required. This position is based in Santa Monica, California.
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief to develop and assign new content as well as improve and evaluate existing content, freelancers, and editorial processes
- Plan, write, edit, and post content to the Call of Duty League website—including weekly features, match content, event coverage, and news announcements
- Manage CMS publishing, LOC submission, and tracking for all content
- Coordinate with PR, integrated marketing, and league operations on other franchise efforts
- Create, update, and distribute editorial style guide for use across the entire organization
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed to accommodate for league event coverage
- Maintain a calendar of events to track editorial and announcement comms and content
- Work with internal creative teams to drive the creation of graphics, video, and copy to support content deployment
- Partner with internal game teams to identify and drive cross-promotion opportunities
- Act as public-facing representative of Activision Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field—or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and creating content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet
- 5+ years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics
- Knowledge and experience with best practices for creating and publishing digital content.
- Ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working across multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad experience and knowledge of marketing communications practices, from copywriting to brand identity.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube certified).
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Experience playing and/or watching esports.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Activision Blizzard and with the Call of Duty League.
- What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Community, Marketing & Communications
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.