At Blizzard, we’re proud to say our games are enjoyed by players around the world. Blizzard’s Localization team plays a critical role in delivering our experiences globally. In Localization we’re passionate about making sure our content is accessible to our global player base and we take great care to transcreate our experiences into the languages our players speak. We see localization as an art form and believe it’s essential that every player feels as if our content was made for them in their native language. We’re looking for a leader who shares our passion for our craft and for our global player base.
As a Senior Localization Manager, you will partner with your peers to lead our Irvine-based Localization Production team. This team champions the global player experience throughout the development process and helps to ensure our regional teams have everything they need to deliver a localized experience whose quality is on par with the source. We are looking for a leader who will drive the evolution of our Localization Production team to meet our ever-changing company needs. If you’re courageous and unafraid to push the boundaries of traditional localization we’d love to meet you. If you join us, we guarantee an EPIC adventure awaits!
- Partner with global Localization leadership to build, manage and execute a strategic and scalable localization plan for Blizzard Entertainment.
- Provide a framework for long-lasting development of a professional and efficient organization.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders.
- Ensure that communication, teamwork and collaboration across organizational boundaries remain healthy and efficient.
- Work actively with stakeholders to ensure our localized experience always exceeds player expectations in every language, for existing and new franchises.
- Navigate potential risks and advise on critical issues affecting localization production.
- Provide direction that ensures we maintain our position as an industry defining localization group.
- Champion the art of localization, both inside the company and outwardly to the industry.
- Enhance the group’s metrics and KPI capabilities.
- Guide direct reports and team members in career development and personal growth.
- A passion for video games and the art of localization.
- Strong leadership skills. A minimum of 15 years of experience in a management role in games, entertainment, or technology.
- 4 Year degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to formulate and execute strategic plans while maintaining global alignment.
- In-depth understanding of creative environments.
- Clear communication skills that motivate and influence at all levels
- Well-versed in localization and the game production lifecycle
- Analytic and curious mind-set interested in identifying opportunities and proactively offering solutions.
- Self-motivated, highly committed, and team-oriented.
- Masters in a related field.
- PMP, Agile development, Scrum, or ISTQB certifications.
- Passionate about Blizzard and our franchises.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.