The Diablo team is looking for a talented content designer with a combined gameplay and storytelling background to help us create play areas, quests, characters, and dialogue for an upcoming project. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within design, audio, localization, and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement quest-focused content and write compelling game narrative with a firm understanding of how story translates into gameplay.
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of quest design, including key gameplay concepts, pacing, and character voice
- Solid grasp of the styles of writing that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing games
- Ability to craft quests, stories, characters, and events within a dark fantasy and gothic horror-based world
- Experience with world building and writing for role playing games
- Able to communicate effectively, inspire creativity, and describe scenes to a wide variety of individuals and perspectives
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a driven, highly collaborative and iterative team environment.
- Knowledge of successful intellectual properties in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres, and the ability to speak to what made them successful
- Experience with scripting languages like as LUA or Python
- Working knowledge of technical writing and editing
- Knowledge of and experience creating of RPG maps and points of interest within a shared world
- Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.