Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. As part of Blizzard operations, marketing is responsible for the development and activation of brand strategies and initiatives that get everyone else as geeked up about Blizzard games as we are!
We’re looking for an experienced marketer to join the global publishing team for one of the hottest IP’s in gaming- World of Warcraft. The associate brand manager will work closely with the publishing leadership for World of Warcraft to help build world-class marketing programs which continue to help the game grow. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of brand development activities, including executing on global programs, pricing, competitive analysis, analyzing sales and market trends. Additionally, you will assist in the development of the strategic go-to-market plans, as well as working with various cross functional groups throughout the organization.
- Closely monitors and analyzes core key performance indicators, such as sales data, market share trends, and competitive analysis.
- Assists in developing and executing promotional programs while monitoring budget & revenue responsibility, and maintaining alignment with brand positioning.
- Assists in the identification and development of business building ideas and works with other business unit team members to execute the plans that meet investment criteria.
- Reviews KPI’s post campaign launch to compare results to established objectives to assure the effectiveness of the overall marketing programs.
- Work with internal and external partners with smooth and efficient communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing or a minimum of 5 years of prior experience in marketing major consumer brands
- Outstanding analytical capabilities with ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions and recommendations
- Experience developing marketing plans and business strategy
- Able to thrive in a heavily cross-functional environment
- Able to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral business communications skills
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel
- A passion for video gaming
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Direct experience marketing games
- International experience
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, particularly World of Warcraft
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.