Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Tools Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a tools engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world class toolset, unlocking the potential of our artists and designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years to come. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of the game development process, from UX and workflow design to data processing.
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Engine teams to simplify, improve, and create tools to maximize team efficiency and unlock creativity
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Programming skills in C++ and C#
- Passion for tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for video games
- UI design experience
- Experience developing plugins and scripts for Maya or other 3D packages
- Experience with WPF
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience automating processes
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.