The Overwatch team is looking for a driven, passionate level designer with experience building compelling multiplayer gameplay spaces. Are you motivated, enthusiastic, and geeked up by creating fun and interesting environments? Do you excel in creating exciting, replayable gameplay experiences within your levels?
- Designing and creating 2D multiplayer level layouts that complement and help showcase the game’s systems and player abilities.
- Translating approved 2D level layouts into playable design blockouts using our in-house tools.
- Work collaboratively with artists and designers to create fun, compelling, and visually appealing gameplay spaces.
- You’ll iterate constantly to find the most fun in your levels as possible.
- You’ve been building the most fun and memorable multiplayer levels on shipped AAA titles for at least 5 years.
- Your passion for games is unending, when your day at work building levels ends, you’re playing them at home.
- You have extensive experience with industry standard level editors like StarEdit, Hammer, and UnrealEd.
- You have a strong sense for what makes a map fun to play Your maps are built in a way that shows that you have a strong attention to detail.
- You’re self-driven, a good communicator and a great team-player.
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter/portfolio demonstrating the following items:
- List of games worked on and levels in each game
- Describe specific individual contributions for levels highlighted
- Screenshots of each map from those games (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.