Blizzard/MLG is looking for an experienced Producer to manage the creation and support of broadcast content in the MLG Studio in Columbus Ohio. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in production and post-production pipelines as well as project and organizational management. The position will support a variety of content for varying projects. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, in addition to solid interpersonal skills as you must be able to interact well with other departments and a multitude of clients.
Interested candidates should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, have excellent organizational and time management skills, is comfortable taking direction and feedback, is easily adaptable to shifting priorities, and can work with equal effectiveness both solo and as part of a project team.
- Take ownership for broadcast projects, seeing them successfully through production.
- Coordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality.
- Facilitate communications with other producers, production and post-production staff and stakeholders from other teams.
- Produce and deliver weekly recurring studio shows (Trading Shots and Hot Mic) during the 2018-2019 CWL season in Columbus, Ohio and CWL open events.
- Create and line run of show, schedule, book talent, guests and studio crew.
- Researching guests and craft questions and show scripts.
- Research and create segment outlines based of weekly events in the CWL.
- Research game/player stats.
- Acquiring, editing, and preparing video and graphic assets.
- Supervising show VTR, assembly, and post-production as well as delivering program and social assets for broadcast.
- Source, vet, and manage relationships with external vendors and crews.
- Assist in budget planning as well as execution of budget.
- Take responsibility for finding appropriate solutions to problems and challenges as they arise within the group.
- Provide clear direction to support team members and regular updates to stakeholders
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment.
- Must have 5+ years of equivalent production experience
- Must have strong budget creation and management skills
- Can multi task in a fast pace production environment.
- Working knowledge of Broadcast work flows and practices.
- Experience in managing large quantities of assets and complex project schedules
- Ability to guide projects from inception through post.
- Have a working knowledge of esports landscape and strategies.
- Must be able to implement structure and workflow solutions.
- Ability to liaise with talent
- Be flexible in your work schedule (Events/Broadcast on nights and weekends)
- Work with multiple teams of Blizzard/MLG employees, contractors, and vendors working on multiple franchise esports productions.
- Able to work well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Experience facilitating teams and delivering products on time
- Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
- Strong ownership and responsibility for the work they are responsible for
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- A passion for video games and esports
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard/MLG
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.