Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled and creative software engineer to join our user interface (UI) team working on the future of Warcraft 3 Reforged. The ideal applicant will understand the challenges of crafting an effective yet elegant user interface. This person must be able to work closely with designers and artists to develop a shared vision and then see it through from concept to completion.
Some of Blizzard's most epic experiences that have brought endless hours of replayability and intense multiplayer battles are now looking for a hero to evolve and carry them into the future. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
Whether it’s battling the Zerg in the Koprulu sector, staking your claim in Azeroth, or saving the High Heavens from the wrath of Diablo, these titans are being modernized to new heights and need a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec’d into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to establish a shared vision for compelling UI features.
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts.
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features.
- A minimum of 3 years game programming experience
- Fluent in C++
- Experience using an existing UI framework to modify or develop user interfaces
- Understanding of user interface concepts like layout, text, and widgets
- Experience with localization/internationalization issues
- Strong ability to communicate and work closely with designers and artists
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI framework
- Basic proficiency with Photoshop
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.