The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Mobile team is looking for an enthusiastic Design Lead to drive strategic vision, ignite real passion for all things mobile, and lead our design efforts across a breadth of native mobile and connected television apps. From oversight on apps such as Overwatch League, WCS, Blizzard Authenticator and BlizzCon to generate paradigm-shifting new ideas – we need someone to be a fire-starter for new concepts and strategic initiatives while helping build consensus and adoption for the team’s empowering platform technology portfolio across global Blizzard teams and organizations.
The ideal design lead combines extensive skills in mobile product, interaction, and visual design to craft a cohesive, inspiring and thoughtful experience across Blizzard’s mobile products. This means applying a deep passion for UX design and gaming to help inform research needs and product strategy while collaborating with other discipline leaders to champion innovation and state-of-the-art technology and using these design techniques across all of Blizzard’s products on mobile.
Our team is a multi-faceted group of product-thinking technologists who live, eat and breathe mobile. The team is searching for teammates who are iterative, avid gamers or creators and persistent in producing amazing experiences. Our work spans a variety of missions but overall the team rallies behind the idea that Blizzard must innovate and bring our legendary signature to mobile in every exciting and epic way possible. There is a bold new mobile world – how should Blizzard live in it?Responsibilities
- Guide user experience design and creative direction of new and current native Blizzard mobile products, including the Overwatch League, Blizzard Authenticator, BlizzCon, and WCS apps, using user-centered design methodologies to iterate on their development via feedback sessions, data analysis and usability testing.
- Champion programs and initiatives for mobile to company leadership via various avenues, including strategy decks, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices and mock-ups informed by analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and other methods of testing, all while building close relationships with program managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to maintain strong product and team alignment.
- Foster a culture of excellence for mobile strategy across Blizzard, communicating and encouraging the adoption of a portfolio of platform services, and prioritizing alignment of integrated and thoughtful experiences across Blizzard apps. To get us there, you’ll use industry-standard methods like style guides, user research, and shared workflow processes, but you’ll also continuously integrate feedback and explore the possibilities of new software.
- Lead & develop a team of all-star mobile designers, and act as a pillar of team leadership alongside your peers in Engineering and Program Management. You’ll guide active team and talent planning, partner management, performance management and recognition for your team.
- See the world through a mobile lens
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 8 years as user experience designer, interaction designer, program manager, or similar
- Minimum of 5 years as a mobile design or product design leader
- A portfolio demonstrating a track record of perfection in delivering mobile or multi-platform products
- Authoritative knowledge of device and operating system-specific (iOS and Android) design patterns and usability best practices
- Knowledge and experience in defining high-level product strategy to create clarity from ambiguity
- Experience in using ownership and accountability to empower, mentor and lead up-and-coming designers
- Capacity to provide clear design direction, encouragement and actionable feedback to team members
- Enthusiasm for to product-first thinking
- Belief in Blizzard’s Core Values
- Strong initiative to tackle problems with excellent follow-through
- Appreciation for a collaborative culture–you truly enjoy working with others
- Attention to detail and proven organizational skills
- Friendly, positive attitude and open-mindedness
- Experience working within Agile/Kanban development teams
- Strong desire to work on interactive and multi-platform entertainment products
Applicants must submit (i) a resume and (ii) and URL or PDF of your portfolio. We don't require cover letters but deeply appreciate them when submitted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.