The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, the gothic, and the macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a talented senior gameplay engineer. Candidates should have experience in several of the following areas: combat, AI, multiplayer, user interface, quests, item generation, or other game systems. The ideal candidate should also have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing Diablo and other games of different genres. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Design, implement, and maintain various gameplay systems for the Diablo franchise
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ game programming experience, including experience shipping at least one title
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems from start to finish, including game object management, AI / pathing, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth familiarity with the Diablo franchise, and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience playing and developing RPGs / ARPGs
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working with client / server game systems,
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Experience with C#
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.