Internship Term: 2020
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN, ECOMMERCE PLATFORM
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Hone your engineering skills, bring your passion for gaming and technology, and join Blizzard Tech on its mission to produce the most epic online gaming experiences ever! Blizzard Tech Interns are responsible for creating new (and improving existing) applications in a high-load, high-availability environment. You’ll focus heavily on server-side programming, while interfacing with many other roles and disciplines to create our applications. This position will land in one of our Technical Platform teams which include; Battle.net, Web & Mobile, and Information Technologies. These teams do not make games, but they are an integral part of every game that Blizzard Entertainment makes. If selected, you’ll be at the center of all Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences! Each team consists of designers, program managers, researchers, analysts, writers, and engineers, who are driven by a singular purpose: to build epic experiences.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and software development
- Familiarity with all Blizzard Entertainment video games and intellectual properties
- Programming experience (personal or professional), including experience with Java
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Experience working with modern databases and RDBMSs
- Working towards computer science, mathematics, or related degree
- Multiple different programming languages, web frameworks, containers, and data stores
- Familiar with server-side architectural concepts (message queuing, caching, clustering, state management, RPC, events, asynchrony, multi-threading, etc)
- Experience working in very high-load environments
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.