Blizzard is seeking a high performing, driven Program Manager to join the IT Events Organization. You will be a critical member of a dedicated team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports across multiple locations.
As a Program Manager in this role, you will serve as the main IT point of contact for the Overwatch League. You will work with stakeholders and IT to gather requirements and implement solutions geared towards optimizing and refining IT processes and solutions for the Overwatch League tournaments and broadcasts. You will manage multiple complex projects and be deeply familiar with all activity across the product. You will partner with the rest of the IT Events organization to organize, prioritize and execute work. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and a strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Assume ownership of the Overwatch League product for IT, have a vision for its future and help build and deliver on that vision.
- Be able to build budgets based on requirements gathered across the organization.
- Have a mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event.
- Identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and other tasks.
- Look at business and sales elements through an IT lens, participating in strategic conversations and providing input on direction.
- Communicate well in advance to allow proper preparations.
- Commit to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Understand when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method for the circumstances.
- Ensure milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area with the goal of delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement, always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Own planning of project milestones and tasks, schedules and resources.
- Present to executives, finance and other groups on IT plans.
- Collaborate with the IT Regional Managers to iterate on the Overwatch League product.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- This position requires travel.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management or Program Management experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Able and willing to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and engage in labor related duties.
- Prior live event experience.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- MS Project Certification.
- Passion for video games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.