Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated Windows Security Engineer to join its ranks in Irvine, CA.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in designing and operating medium to large enterprises with a strong affinity for Windows 10 Enterprise Security and Active Directory. You will be the gatekeeper of our Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE) ensuring that it is within compliance and well-organized. You will work closely with the IT department and many of its customers; helping them get the most out of our Windows Desktop environment and will be constantly on the look-out for potential improvements to the user experience and productivity.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for AzureAD, Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Windows Hello, Windows 10 Enterprise, and System Center.
- You will be the Subject Matter Expert on Windows Desktop Security in the Enterprise supporting Blizzard Entertainment’s Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE).
- Maintain engineering and security documentation; provide training and awareness to employees at all opportunities. Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and function at scale with an eye on Security and Stability.
- Considerable experience with Windows-based architectures and security design. Able to adequately explain complex topics to a technical audience on a wide range of subjects.
- Scripting and automation proficiency (e.g., PowerShell, Desired State Configuration, Visual Basic, etc.) and able to understand and implement Infrastructure as Code concepts.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an engineering focused role in a medium to large scale enterprise managing Microsoft System Center or similar configuration management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows as a Service and it’s challenges in an enterprise.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Structure Query Language (MSSQL) and reporting.
- MCSE or equivalent technology certifications.
- Familiarity with Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE) Design.
- Experience designing PowerBI for reporting and oversight.
- Passion for video games and most importantly, safeguarding them!
Blizzard Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other protected group status. If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.