Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced quest designer for the World of Warcraft team. This position will involve the creative design and technical implementation of quests as well as additional storytelling and character development duties. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of World of Warcraft, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- A minimum of 6 years of game design experience, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product
- Strong writing and story/character development skills
- Extensive quest design and world building experience with creative ownership from conception to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work creatively and collaboratively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- MMO or RPG writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing, and / or mentoring others
- Technical experience with scripting or coding
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.