Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
The Senior Business Analyst, Team Business Operations will contribute a wide range of strategic initiatives, including the team sales process, league launch and ongoing operations. You will support the development of best practices across teams in the areas of business, operations, and competition for all of the league’s teams, with an eye toward tackling the complex and the ambiguous.
You will relish the opportunity to tackle a wide range of challenges and provide the analysis that guides teams of creative, operational, and executive personnel. You have intense curiosity and expertise in a wide variety of topics, such as development processes, statistics, business modeling, knowledge management, finance and operations management.
- Provide analysis to support strategy development across a wide range of business areas including all aspects of team operations, branding and marketing, sponsorship, merchandise, and live events.
- Support M&A efforts related to team sales, including preparing offering materials and coordinating sale process with potential buyers.
- Work closely with league leadership and team ownership to model and define best practices across all areas of team business and operations to ensure the highest functioning teams in esports.
- Conduct research and apply structured analysis to achieve insights on business initiatives; present information that is relevant and understandable to stakeholders.
- Assist in evaluating business initiative proposals, and compile comprehensive recommendations based on the findings.
- Supplement business intelligence by diving deep into identified key strategies for the league and individual teams.
- Work with business intelligence, finance and marketing on special projects as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in advanced business analysis and strategy, preferably in consulting or private equity
- Significant knowledge of sports business operations, or esports products and intellectual properties
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw actionable business strategy
- Experience in a start-up environment or launch of a large scale initiative
- Client side or direct experience in sports, video games or entertainment
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Overwatch League
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.