Senior Software Engineer, World of Warcraft, Automation
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to help drive our World of Warcraft automation projects and architect our test infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience in building test infrastructures and tools, and working with development teams to drive test requirements, and developing test automation. In addition, you need to have a passion for creating epic games and a strong desire to push the state of the art for automating aspects of game development.
• Work to design automation strategies for World of Warcraft
• Work with external teams to design test automation architecture to work across all Blizzard Entertainment properties.
• Provide critical analysis of automation programming and development practices with the goal of improving team efficiency.
• Balance time between actively contributing code to major automation systems and providing technical direction to the team.
• Mentor all engineers on the engineering team.
• Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
• Assist management with strategic planning.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Passion for automated solution development
• A minimum of 3 years programming test automation
• A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Strong C# programming skills
• Experience working with C++ and scripting languages (Lua, Python)
• Strong testing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Passion for video games
• Shipped at least one AAA title as a software development engineer in test (SDET)
• Experience developing automatable tests in quality assurance
• Knowledge of security and performance testing
• Multi-platform expertise (Windows, OSX, Linux)
• Experience with Selenium
• SQL programming experience
• Experience working on agile teams (Scrum, Lean)
• Previous experience mentoring other software engineers
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.