The Senior Project Manager GCSO oversees Customer Support initiatives to support the CS & Service Technologies Strategic Road Map. In conjunction with the other GCSO Leads and Product Managers & Lead Production Manager in Service Technologies, they ensure planning , resource allocation and execution of projects globally; and provide support & guidance to Regional Project managers in our support centers around the world.
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple large scale projects
- Manage strategic global initiatives within specified time and budget
- Interact with key stakeholders to ensure accurate assessment of needs and appropriate input is sought
- Reporting on projects and keeping all project documentation current
- Identify and mitigate risks across projects for the organization
- Conduct post mortems for team projects and make recommendations for improvement
- Identify change management opportunities and key areas for employee engagement
- Develop the methodology and systems used for project execution and management
- Provides coaching & guidance for associate/mid level project managers
- Organizes and delegate the assignment of tasks for the project team
- Ensures all resources effectively allocated and tasked to keep all team projects on schedule.
- Supports the development of 3-5 year strategy and roadmap for Blizzard Support, and the annual /semi annual Battleplan updates.
- College education in Business or Computer Science related discipline, AND/OR relevant project management certifications
- Fluent English Speaker
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project management or equivalent
- Proficient in Stakeholder management & engagement
- Knowledge of change management principles and application
- Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of people management. Able to lead and motivate through change
- Multi cultural understanding. Ability to think globally.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to relate to team members and build professional relationships at all levels
- Excellent Communication skills – with organizational “savvy”
- Oral – Is able to represent and speak for the organization to all levels of audiences
- Written – Is able to consistently create effective reports, documentation, and appropriate email communication
- Information Sharing – Ensures information is accurate, timely, and includes all necessary parties
- Able to communicate as effectively with technical resources as with business stakeholders and senior management
- Analytical problem solving skills
- International/Global Experience , has worked outside of North America.
- Working ability in a language other than English esp Chinese, Korean, French , Spanish, German or Russian.
- Experience in customer service operations or consultancy
- Experience in business improvement methodologies
- PMP/MS Project Management/Scrum/Six Sigma certification
- Blizzard Brand Advocate – loves and understands our products
- Cover letter, preferred
Other jobs in Production, Program & Project Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.