Activision Blizzard Esports are responsible for the development and operation of premier Activision Blizzard professional gaming properties including the Overwatch League™ and the Call of Duty® World League, as well as the commercialization of the entire Blizzard Esports portfolio. Launched in 2017, the Overwatch League is the world’s first major global esports league with city-based teams, with 20 clubs across Asia, Europe, and North America. In 2019, the Call of Duty World League Presented by PlayStation®4 will deliver five vs. five team play featuring Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4. It is ABE’s vision to be the most innovative, scalable, and valuable developer of global competitive entertainment.
The Senior Manager of Esports Programming for ABE will be responsible for managing and executing the creative pipeline of ABE esports content and on-air talent. This role will work with the ABE production team, marketing, partnerships and various teams across the Activision Blizzard enterprise to produce and deliver quality content in traditional and non-traditional formats and platforms.
- Be the main driver in executing the creative pipeline and on-air talent of ABE viewer content
- Manage the programming blueprint/roadmap of show types and content across the Activision Blizzard Esports portofolio (e.g., Call Of Duty World League, Overwatch League, BlizzCon, etc)
- Work with production teams to manage and execute live, studio, and taped content across multiple platforms
- Help discover, evaluate and manage new on-air talent, show formats and productions that fit ABE’s strategic direction
- Manage and maintain the ABE content schedule across all platforms and game titles
- Ensure the programming roster is suitable for all platforms where ABE content is distributed, with particular focus on digital/online-based programming
- Contribute to overall on-platform and off-platform video strategy, focusing on programming strategy, viewership, distribution, publishing, optimization, and monetization
- Partner with Production and Partnerships to ideate, develop and execute new and compelling live event, documentary, animated, podcast, and scripted content formats and experiences for distribution on ABE and third-party channels
- Content optimization – Oversee the activation and success of content across ABE owned and operated properties. Work closely with the Content Production team to effectively plan programming/scheduling, viewership optimization, improve engagement of all content types, identify trends and takeaways from analytics, conduct outreach to partners sites, and monitor ongoing performance
- Platform optimization – Maximize creative rollout and value on all O&O, first-party (e.g. PlayStation), and third-party channels (Twitch, YouTube, etc) using best practices and data-driven insights
- Analytics, Reporting and KPI Scorekeeping – Partner with Strategy & Global Intelligence to produce the activity and trending reports needed to track progress towards our goals in driving audience to/from the various distribution points and products we care about. Develop new and custom reports designed specifically for Content Production and Programming teams
- Support annual business planning process through the creation and maintenance of planning presentations, project plans and budgets, resource plans and program objectives/KPIs
- Manage and execute formal project plans, resource plans and budgets for all program initiatives
- Adhere to formalized Legal and S&P workflows and rulesets to ensure ABE programming meets all internal and external partner requirements
- Coordinate with the Sales and Integrated Marketing departments to fulfill sponsorships according to the specifications and expectations requested by the client
- Provide clear and accountable updates to executive management related to ABE programming objectives, development plans and status to executives, internal stakeholders and business partners
- Maintain and distribute a comprehensive, up-to-date understanding of the competitive gaming audience and overall landscape (i.e., Esports industry trends, game titles, gamer talent, athletes & teams, league operations, etc.) to all stakeholders within the company
- BA/BS in Business, Entertainment, Media or other related field; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of TV and/or Digital programming experience for live and studio content across traditional and non-traditional formats and delivery mediums
- General understanding of Sports and Esports landscapes including relevant game titles and publishers/developers, athletes and teams, league and tournament structures, media productions, distribution, and monetization models
- Proven ability to identify market opportunities and to create new and “never seen before” media products and audience engagement/growth strategies within competitive gaming
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker with proven ability to design, communicate and bring compelling Esports products and initiatives from ideation into market
- Engaging evangelist with ability to excite and mobilize internal stakeholders and external program partners in support of program success
- Experience in developing digital platforms for content delivery; preferably within a sports entertainment industry
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage strong relationships across business units, teams, partners and customer bases domestically and internationally
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Experience performing detailed data analysis and competitive analysis
- Strong program/project management skills with ability to drive planning, schedules, estimates, budgeting, resource plans and status reports
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in media or entertainment related field
- Strong understanding of the Activision/Blizzard brand, portfolio, and gaming culture
- Esports fan and gamer
- Ability to travel-domestically and internationally
Required application materials:
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.