Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a self-motivated and skilled Desktop Support Senior. Blizzard Desktop Support are the first line of support for all IT-related issues. Job duties would include building, configuring, deploying, monitoring, modifying, and repairing local and remote computers. An ideal candidate would have experience working in a corporate IT environment, expertise in PC and Apple and their operating systems, knowledge in scripting languages, troubleshooting networking issues, and have exceptional customer service skills.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences for our users. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Provide epic-level support to end users on a variety of IT desktop & IT operational related issues.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and requests for technical support.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Work with applicable ticketing or work tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, or Service Now.
- Manage ticket request and follow-up with users.
- Receives and works escalated issues from other desktop staff and/or manager.
- Install and maintain Windows and Mac operating systems (OS).
- Troubleshoot various types of PC, laptop, or tablet hardware and software.
- Inventory tracking when receiving and shipping hardware onsite.
- On-call support for when broadcast events occur on location.
- Customer Service
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an effective manner
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Team Player
- Extensive PC hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose, and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
- Strong experience supporting a variety of software, (Adobe CC, Microsoft Office 365, Cisco AnyConnect, System Drivers)
- Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting current versions of Windows and OSX
- Knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting Apple iPhone/iPad and Android OS phone devices
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages (MS PowerShell, Python)
- Intermediate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Intermediate knowledge of MDT (Image creation and deployment, multiple images)
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a Corporate IT environment
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Flex working schedules, (Can include evenings and weekends)
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ability (and willingness) to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks/projects
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation
- Works well under pressure
- Outstanding attendance and schedule adherence
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Work overtime
- Passion for gaming
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.