Blizzard Entertainment Broadcast team is seeking a creative and experienced Technical Producer. As the Technical Producer, you will be the technical expert on the producing team. This role focuses on the technical budget, logistics and labor, and will be the one the producing team leans on to make sure their ideas are technically feasible and technically supported.
The ideal candidate would be well organized and able to manage large budgets and crews. You should have a firm understanding of technical planning for large events/productions, and be well versed in everything from lighting, video and audio, to networking, PC hardware and game consoles. Having the ability to be available for extended or back to back travel is a big plus. We are looking for someone that can provide the most utility to the team rather than a master of a single skill.
- Manage Technical Budgets and Rental Agreements
- Manage Technical Logistics
- Manage Technical Crews/Labor
- Responsible for Technical planning and execution of a show
- Responsible for documentation of processes and workflows
- Responsible for maintaining technical knowledgebase
- Chief troubleshooter and problem solver
- Main conduit for communicating and escalating technical issues
- Main conduit for technical feedback
- Develop new tools to support Esports broadcast features
- Work closely with the developer teams and other teams across Blizzard to develop new and existing broadcast features
- Inventing new tools and methods
- 5+ Years Broadcast Industry experience
- Experience in Live show workflows
- Expertise in working with Video Trucks, Flight Packs, Studios
- Expert communicator
- Expert Problem Solver / Troubleshooter
- Strong understanding of SDI/Fiber/IP based workflows
- Firm understanding of Analog/Digital Audio workflows
- Solid understanding of Lighting/Rigging/Projection/LED Panel Workflows
- Firm understanding of Streaming/distribution workflows
- Firm understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Proficient on Windows/Mac
- Love for Live Broadcast required!
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work flexible hours that may include nights and weekends as needed.
- Creative thinker who can think of new improved methods and tools.
- A love for organizing things… all the things
- MUST have an open mind to non-traditional workflows
- Passionate video gamer and geek
- Love for esports and broadcast
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.