The minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the diablo team!
The Diablo IV team is looking for an Open World Content Designer who has an interest creating compelling scripted content to help bring the world of Sanctuary to life as never seen before.
- Design and implementation of fun new events and open world content
- Creation of and general maintenance of documentation related to open world content
- Technical implementation and maintenance of existing event and open world content
- Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content
- Experience working with text-based scripting languages to author game content
- Strong understanding of isometric ARPG gameplay
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Experience using Lua as a scripting language
- Previous design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.