Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Server Engineer to join our Battle.net Game Service (BGS) title publishing team!
Blizzard’s content distribution system services all Blizzard games and many external titles. It is a cross-platform technology that delivers game content to millions of players across the globe. The title publishing service is the backend hub that provides the ability to process, package and upload game data to the CDN.
- Develop a new generation of SaaS that powers future content publishing across Blizzard and its partners
- Participate in the ongoing effort of improving performance, availability and security of core services
- Engage internal and external development teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives
- Participate in live operation rotation
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Experience with protocol and API design
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience creating data and/or build pipelines
- Experience in web development
- Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Experience with cloud, virtualization and containerization technologies
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.