Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone team is looking for a graphic/motion designer to help maintain and progress the brand’s creative vision across multiple initiatives. Our team is looking for someone that exhibits a clear passion for creativity, problem-solving, video games, music, movies, and other elements of pop culture.
We are looking for a someone who is: passionate about design, can articulate the brand’s objectives through high-quality visual content, seeks out opportunities to learn/grow/innovate, understands the value of process, maintains a high level of attention to detail and who wants to play an important role within the walls of the Hearthstone Tavern.
If this sounds like you then pull up a seat—we’d love to meet you!Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Hearthstone Design lead to conceptualize and design for digital and social media ad campaigns while adhering to the visual quality of the Hearthstone brand.
- Active contribution to a variety of brand initiatives that include program logos, style guides, social media, HTML5 banner creation, community blog assets, presentations as well as help maintain asset support for our esports initiatives.
- Partner with internal/external teams to analyze provided data, and help collaborate/innovate design solutions for to achieve project goals.
- Maintain the visual aesthetic and spirit of the Hearthstone brand while maintaining your personal design perspective.
- Work with other team members to develop efficiencies within the workflow while developing Blizzard-quality creative assets.
- Have 4+ years working in Graphic/Motion Design or related role.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and Animate.
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas within the scope of a project.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements and best practices.
- Animate and bring to life from concept and storyboard for social media ads, animated/video social media posts and presentations.
- Demonstrate the ability to storyboard creative concepts and bring those to life.
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects.
- Understanding and familiarity with Hearthstone and World of Warcraft lore, game history and design themes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Sizmek or DoubleClick integration.
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS
- Build and animate robust HTML5 banner ads/rich media campaigns.
- Ability to build units for our partners through third party ad servers that meet the publisher’s specs. Solve the limitations of file size and platform restrictions while maintaining the integrity of the creative concept.
- A passion for Hearthstone, esports, video games, music, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture.
- Have played through all game modes of Hearthstone with deep understanding of game mechanics.
- A passion for story, art and conceptual thinking.
- Experience with illustration and painting.
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.