How would it feel to have your code be a key component in the development of every Blizzard game? As a leader for Blizzard's shared code efforts, you will work with engineers, leads, and technical directors across multiple teams to create and expand the library of shared technology used in a new, cross platform engine as well as across all of Blizzard's games.
In this role, you will help define and communicate best practices for effectively sharing code written by different engineering groups. This includes identifying common problems and solutions in multiple codebases and then working independently or with various teams to create shared projects that are highly performant, easy to integrate, and incorporate the best solutions from across the company.
- Ability to build consensus across multiple engineering teams to achieve a common goal
- A passion for writing code and engineering. We want reliable, fast, and above all: simple and easy to understand code
- Experience developing high performance cross platform technology
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Experience with protocol and API design
- Passionate about leading engineers, mentoring and teaching best practices
- Experience creating code meant to be shared across multiple codebases and experience incorporating code created by others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Familiarity with one or more of C#, Python, Lua, Java
- A cover letter
- Passionate about gaming and Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.