Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent Acquisition – Blizzard Entertainment, as the Manager of University Relations (UR), you will serve as a member of the Talent Acquisition leadership team and will be responsible for evolving the campus recruiting efforts for Blizzard Entertainment. In this role, you will continue to strengthen our existing strategy with continued innovation, building strong partnerships internally and externally, and establishing best in class practices for university recruiting.
- Develop and own, in partnership with other leaders and stakeholders, the long-term vision for the University Recruiting organization. Outline clear Year 1, 2 and 3 goals and plans to execute on the vision
- Partner with Hiring Managers, Business Leaders, and both HR and Talent Acquisition partners to shape the talent pipeline strategy through emerging talent based on a clear understanding of business needs, relevant program application creating awareness for UR across the company
- Collaborate with our Employer Brand, Attraction and Culture team to build Blizzard’s UR brand attraction strategy
- Develop a clear and robust university strategy plan that reflects emerging and innovative approaches in UR but always with a view towards optimizing our return on investment based on key metrics including program statistics, campus ROI, diversity and post-program impact
- Further build relationships with universities, prioritizing a select group for further development and partnership opportunities
- Mentor and develop the members of the UR team, building a strong succession bench
Year 1 success is to:
- Demonstrate a step forward in building our UR program
- Prioritize UR efforts through a P&L mentality while still driving towards longer-term success for Blizzard
- Build our D&I efforts in partnership with others across the company
- Improve our intern conversion rate
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive university recruiting experience recruiting technical talent in highly competitive industries. A reputation for strategic and innovative thinking, analytics, and systems/process knowledge
- Exposure to undergraduate/graduate intern programs, rotational programs, etc. and pre-existing relationships with target colleges and universities
- Extensive client management and relationship management skills with a reputation for building strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization in unstructured environments
- Proven track record of building, managing and developing teams to roles of increasing complexity and scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with the ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.