Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team in Irvine, California. This developer will work with our Live Ops team on the deployment and maintenance of the Hearthstone service, as well as with other engineers to improve server reliability. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Strive to improve the stability of the Hearthstone platform.
- Work with the various engineering teams to plan the deployment of new systems to production environments.
- Troubleshooting and reporting on the day to day operations of the game.
- Provide support to other developers for live incidents.
- Improve existing systems after reviewing past incidents.
- Mentor and educate engineers on the team.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- 5+ years of development experience
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experienced with maintaining a live service on Linux
- Experienced with both GUI and text-based debuggers
- Self-motivated and willingness to pitch in on many areas of small game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience shipping mobile game titles or other software
- Linux development experience
- C#/Unity programming skills
- Strong relational database skills
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Computer science or related degree
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What games you are currently playing?
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye towards providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.