Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League. ABEL is uniquely positioned to create long term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Leading the charge, the Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history. Similarly, the Call of Duty World League team successfully launched the Global Pro League and has continued to grow the already popular Call of Duty esports scene.
The Director, Technology Partnerships will be responsible for driving strategic partnerships and sponsorships within the technology vertical. You will partner with leadership across the organization including ABEL, Broadcast and Events to understand needs and identify opportunities for partnerships with a variety of consumer- and enterprise-facing brands. You will direct and guide strategic planning of the sales process inclusive of prospecting, pitching, negotiating, and contracting partners.
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to attracting technology partnerships
- Generate sales pipeline and lead prospecting, pitching, negotiating, contracting and on-boarding of sponsorship partners
- Attract industry leading partners in alignment with ABEL core values and reputation
- Align sales efforts with regional and global priorities, maintain effective working relationships across the organization and communicate sales progress
- Establish credibility, foster collaboration and develop strong, respectful relationships with appropriate partner and internal stakeholders
- Partner with integrated marketing and support teams during activation and fulfillment process
- Manage the identification, creation and presentation of upsell opportunities to further develop each partner’s relationship with the ABEL properties
- Lead partner renewal discussions including development of strategic approaches
- Manage sales and account management associates and contribute toward their professional development
- Maintain awareness of global and local market trends and developments, position ABEL properties to maximize resulting opportunities
- 10+ years professional experience in advertising sales, media planning, marketing strategy, account management or related consulting role
- Specific experience with consumer and/or enterprise technology brands
- 4+ years leadership and team management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, media, communications, related field or equivalent work experience
- Extensive track record developing technology sponsorship and partner rosters
- Proven successes in working with executive clients and demonstrated ability to lead discussions with senior level partners
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization
- Strong strategic and brand planning skills
- Business development skills including the ability to identify, present and close, upsell and renew opportunities for partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Highest ethics and integrity
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Highly motivated, proactive, high energy and team spirit
- Background in sports, broadcast, event-based-entertainment or streaming media
- Familiarity with gaming and fan culture
- Familiarity with esports
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Business Operations
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.