Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.
We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
If you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players, we would love to hear from you.
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay features.
- Improve architecture design to reduce operation cost
- Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
- Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
- Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
- Implement, maintain, and own infrastructure for the Diablo franchise
- Strong knowledge of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in development
- Experience with client / server architecture
- Experience debugging unfamiliar code
- A mind towards scalability and performance
- Passion for games
- Excite us
- Linux development experience
- Database experience (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Distributed systems experience
- Cloud technologies (AWS, VM’s, Openstack)
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.