Reporting to the senior director, global marketing services and events, this position requires an event producer at the highest level! The director, global esports events must have the creative, technical, marketing communications, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute intimate to massive events. The events must amaze and influence the live audience, as well as the global audiences through broadcast. And, the person must also have proven leadership abilities to empower a team to do the same.
This person will have direct responsibility for Blizzard’s North America esports events, as well as indirect responsibility for events in other global regions. They will believe in the power of esports events to engage, entertain, promote, and inform as an extension of the game. They will partner with various internal teams including esports, IT, game development, marketing, public relations (PR), and community to skillfully gather, analyze, and distill goals and expectations. They must have the ability to create and communicate a clear vision for an event founded in disciplined communications goals, and then use a process-driven approach to execute the smallest details to the highest standards.
The right candidate’s creative problem-solving skills must be stellar and they, and the team they lead, must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations -- impeccable team organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
- Create groundbreaking experiences, with a global reach, in response to highly-developed goals and communications objectives.
- Manage all aspects of events including conceptualizing, designing, pre-planning, and fully executing.
- Provide live event and broadcast creative direction for lighting, scenic / staging, graphics, video content, and other aspects of the production.
- Ensure support of the global broadcast distribution strategy, both in terms of content and technical requirements.
- Manage own and team’s projects insuring that all events are executed at the highest quality. Proactively plan with internal and external partners to allow adequate time for deliverables. Provide assistance to global offices to insure they do the same.
- Lead team to tenaciously exceed expectations throughout event conceptualizing, planning, and execution.
- Develop, communicate, and guide implementation of esports events production standards across products and global regions.
- Evaluate team processes and procedures, as well as those of the global events teams, with the goal of improving quality, as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of esports and traditional sports event design and production globally.
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Develop, manage, and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development.
- Manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, show flows / scripts, floor plans, and production schedules to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, vet, and manage vendors that share Blizzard’s expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence. Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with external vendors as well as internal work associates.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in event production
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an esports-related position
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in personnel management
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Direct experience with event broadcast, in any of its various forms
- Proven marketing knowledge and acumen
- A passion for esports and video games
- Experience planning events for over 1000 attendees
- Excellent communications skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand the big picture
- Able to maximize resources and establish key relationships
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio of images for events you were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents you used to produce and manage the events
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.