Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…producers? The Overwatch team is looking for a new hero to team up as a Game Producer!
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to coordinate Design, Art, Engineering, Sound and QA to deliver features players love? If you’re passionate about what you do and how you do it, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Work with internal teams across all disciplines.
- Maintain and communicate product roadmaps and schedules.
- Help define and communicate dates and deadlines to the team in an effective manner and drive the completion of goals.
- Facilitate and manage healthy communication throughout the team. Champion the team and its members. Foster a culture of open collaboration and trust.
- Identify, communicate, and work to resolve challenges that may prevent our team or our development partners from achieving goals on time.
- Communicate frequently with the production team on status, risks, and opportunities.
- Define and refine processes and workflows throughout the team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a producer or project manager on a game team.
- Demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain team schedules, and to drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver.
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks.
- Experience working with content development and with cross-functional game teams.
- Experience with online games
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- BA / BS (or equivalent)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.