Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. Our Team Business Operations group seeks to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the League Office and all teams by developing processes and identifying best practices in all areas of team business operations. As the Team Business Operations Analyst, you will help execute a wide range of initiatives, including developing presentations and conducting analysis to drive operational and business improvements for all our stakeholders as well as structuring and managing data and best practice sharing processes with the teams. You will develop new skills while assisting the Team Business Operations group to design, implement, and execute best practices in operations and competition for the League Office and all of the teams.
- Partner with internal team members to support various strategy and business operations projects
- Assist on creating deliverables for several OWL teams, including support for their local events
- Apply structured analysis to develop insights on game-changing business initiatives
- Develop presentations to disseminate relevant and clear information to stakeholders
- Recommend and implement strategy across a wide range of business areas including operations, branding, marketing, sponsorship, merchandise, and live events
- Collaborate with League leadership and team ownership groups to identify best practices across all areas of team business and operations to ensure the highest functioning teams in esports
- Build and maintain knowledge management platforms and processes to share information and data between the League and teams
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in management consulting or other analytical fields
- Expert capabilities in presentation development (PowerPoint) and proficient in data analysis (Excel, Tableau, etc.)
- BA or BS undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work effectively under time constraints
- Strong passion for esports and the Overwatch League
- Experience in large-scale event planning and execution
- Experience in a start-up environment or launch of large-scale initiatives
- Fluent in Korean, French or Mandarin Chinese
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.