Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, Blizzard Cloud is looking for an experienced software engineer to join a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for extending and growing our cloud platform. You are a highly motivated individual that loves to build and take end to end ownership of great products. The products your team builds and owns enable cloud customer visibility, operational insight and capacity management. The team also owns products which helped Blizzard scale and grow its beloved franchises over the last 2 decades - these require modernization and streamlining. If you are excited about building modern, robust platforms and services, then let’s talk now!
- We’ll hire you based on you. So be yourself. Write awesome code and be awesome.
- Mentor other engineers in how to write awesome code and be awesome.
- 5+ years of experience in designing software systems from the ground up
- Experience working with Go and ideally some experience with C++
- Proven and demonstrable ability to rapidly learn and master complex systems and their codebase
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert-level skills in Linux
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience working with C++, Python
- Experience with cloud computing (Openstack, AWS, GCP) as customer or provider
- Experience with container orchestration solutions such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for games and online gaming platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.