Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and distribution leader for the Overwatch League, Call of Duty World League and other esports.
We need help integrating world-class commercialization into our ecosystem of websites, mobile apps and other touchpoints while not compromising the user experience.
Our new Media Planner will be a dedicated, organized, and focused professional who takes pride in understanding our product lines and helping the sales team deliver knock-out results.
As a member of Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
This is a client-facing role that requires a skill set that includes both problem solving and analytical thinking with utmost attention to detail.
- Execute direct and programmatic digital ad campaigns (display, mobile, and video) using DFP and all distribution platforms
- Initiate optimization of ad campaigns on a frequent basis for performance and delivery
- Lead the development of digital media plans in direct support of the new sales and upsell process
- Support the testing, on-boarding, and certification of new ad technologies, new ad products, and new partners on ABEL properties, players, and apps
- Conduct ad testing and new product launches on desktop and mobile platforms
- Manage escalation of live ad issues to engineering and ad technology vendors as necessary
- Partner cross-functionally with external vendors, engineering, production, and/or design teams to investigate, diagnose and correct any ad serving errors, third party reporting discrepancies, and campaign delivery issues
- Work with account management to monitor and analyze campaign delivery and optimization recommendations where necessary
- Help organize research for proposals, special projects, and administrative tasks as needed
- Assist in conducting mid-campaign digital performance reviews and provide updates to stakeholders
- Assist with end-of-month billing reconciliation
- Communicate clearly and professionally with key internal stakeholders as well as high-profile clients
- Monitor ad delivery during our event during weekends and/or evenings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Advertising / Ad Trafficking at an agency
- Must be able to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed
- Experience with third-party ad tag implementation and reporting (Doubleclick, Sizmek, Atlas, Flashtalking, etc.)
- Experience with web troubleshooting/debugging tools (ex. Charles, Chrome/Safari Inspector, etc.)
- Expertise working with video ads and leading digital ad servers (Freewheel, etc.)
- Familiarity with DFP, AdX, Index Exchange, Rubicon, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Office products, CRM systems, Keynote, Visio and similar platforms
- Proven penchant for accuracy and attention-to-detail
- Passion for video games and knowledge of the esports marketplace
- Cover letter (please highlight ad ops wins and how you work with others)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.