Do you have a passion for organizing projects, interacting with people, and analyzing process for maximum effect? Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires agility, creative problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you the person we're looking for?
Blizzard Entertainment’s audio team is seeking an associate producer to assist voice over (VO) and casting production across all Blizzard franchises. Your primary responsibility will be coordinating with the VO Producer and VO & Casting Director to maintain timely schedules and deliverables for all of Blizzard’s IPs. You will assist with the pre-production phases for all the project’s VO and casting needs, as well as additional responsibilities such as building contract requests, interacting with talent and supporting the needs of the VO Producer and VO & Casting Director. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a requirement as you’ll be collaborating and working with contacts both inside and outside of Blizzard. Blizzard contacts include multiple development and support teams throughout the company (e.g., cinematics, PR, legal, web, creative development, community, marketing, etc.). and external partners include recording studios, voice directors, talent agents, actors, etc.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the VO producer, casting and voice over director, and the audio production team to assist in the creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Help to continually refine the voice over development pipeline to increase production efficiency and quality.
- Communicate status of voice over content, assets, tools, and features to VO producer and/or audio production director as necessary.
- Run, maintain and organize digital archives of VO & talent paperwork and VO assets.
- Schedule recording sessions with talent agents and recording studios
- Assist in scheduling of VO related personnel/resources, eg. Directors, Designers, Editors.
- Create talent paperwork for recording sessions.
- Attend recording sessions and support VO Director and talent needs
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Voice Actor’s Stage at BlizzCon.
- 1-2 years’ product development experience on AAA titles
- Able to accurately and efficiently handle a large volume of tasks
- Able to effectively collaborate with a large number of external contractors including studios, actors and agents on projects
- Comfortable handling a large amount of talent paperwork and legal contracts
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Willing and able to travel as needed including regular travel to LA-area recording studio for VO sessions
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Able to work independently, and / or within a team
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products, especially Excel (macro programming knowledge a plus)
- Real passion for video games
- Good knowledge of voice over and casting pipelines in the entertainment industry
- Knowledge of standard and practices relating to SAG+AFTRA registered productions
- Knowledge of Blizzard and its games
- Working knowledge of employing external audio vendors, such as recording studios and payroll companies
- Working knowledge of audio tools and programs, such as Pro Tools
- Working knowledge of audio, graphic, and movie file types and applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely reciprocal and creative environment, a diverse and broad employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.