Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized Battle.net and Web & Mobile Program Manager for Blizzard China with outstanding communication skills and a passion for constant betterment of products, services and processes. This individual will play a critical role in helping drive the excellence and epic experience of Blizzard player facing properties, including games/esports/corporate websites, mobile applications, Battle.net applications and services. This person is expected to perform tasks such as streamlining communication among Blizzard departments and partners, understanding and anticipating stakeholder needs, following project execution, drive for epic experience and Blizzard quality, perform day-to-day operations etc.
This PM role will work within a team and cooperate closely with Games/Franchises PMs and other company wide stakeholders in all functions across the globe.
- Be the evangelist for Battle.net and Web&Mobile in China.
- Serve as a technical expert representative across teams, with partners and act as advisor to the Management team and regional operation teams on Battle.net and Web&Mobile topics in the region.
- Collect latest HQ projects progress and status and update to the local operation teams and management team in the region.
- Drive local Battle.net and Web&Mobile projects and initiatives, coordinate the communication with partners and stakeholders within and outside the company.
- As part of the team, be accountable for anything Battle.net and Web&Mobile related in the region including corporate sites, game sites, esports sites, event sites, mobile apps, tools, systems, Battle.net launcher, Battle.net shop, Account Management, Battle.net platforms and services etc.
- Perform Blizzard CN mobile apps distribution and updates.
- Maintain Blizzard Entertainment’s high-quality user experience standard across all regional Battle.net and Web& mobile properties and services
- Review and utilize metrics reporting for fact-based decision making to enable management to make better business decisions through data, and / or knowledge.
- Partner with the operation and project management teams to find room to improve in terms of requests, schedule management, road-map alignment and live operation etc
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field
- Minimum of 4~5 years’ product manager/project manager or equivalent experience within the technology and / or video game industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English and Mandarin
- Demonstrated success with defining and launching large scale Web and Mobile products
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional, cross-culture teams in multinational environment
- Strong understanding and experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills, feel comfortable to build close working relationship with folks across the ocean, from different cultural background, from different departments or companies.
- Good presentation skill, Good negotiation skill and strong follow-up skill
- Good sense of business acumen, strategic thinking, but with down-to-the-earth hands on operations and nuances
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- A good team worker
- Video game industry experience and knowledge
- Background in online game services, customer-facing applications, website development, and / or mobile application development
- Significant knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience working with platform, web and game product teams
- Experience working with global offices or remote teams
- Experience managing vendors
- Web and/or Mobile development technical background or understanding
- Experience of Android apps distribution
Other jobs in Production, Program & Project Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.