Activision/Blizzard Esports seeks a Producer to manage live & taped streaming shows that are distributed across all platforms. This a jack-of-all trades hands on producer that will work on all aspects of production including: technical production, operations, show rundown, segment creation, development and post-production.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating engaging cross platform programming and understands cost-effective production workflows. Needs a deep understanding of the distribution process from conception to consumption, including the nuances of reaching audiences on O&O, social platforms, and mobile devices. Most importantly, they will have expertise producing live driven content, events, engaging social content, unlocking talent's creativity, developing cross-platform brands and creating an efficient production process.
- Take ownership for broadcast projects including esports, seeing them successfully through production.
- Coordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality.
- Facilitate communications with other producers, production and post-production staff and stakeholders from other teams.
- Source, vet, and manage relationships with external vendors and crews
- Assist in budget planning as well as execution of budget.
- Take responsibility for finding appropriate solutions to problems and challenges as they arise within the group.
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment.
- Manage day-to-day duties of associate producers, broadcast associates, production assistants and others
- Must have 5+ years of equivalent production experience
- Must have deep experience & proven track record in producing in multi-platform live & VOD shows in studio and remote
- Thorough knowledge of the Call of Duty and esports productions
- Must have strong budget creation and management skills
- Must have experience producing current/former professional athletes, celebrities and/or on-air talent
- Can multi task in a fast pace production environment.
- Field production experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and a track record of leadership ability
- Detailed technical knowledge of multi-platform production processes
- Working knowledge of Live Broadcast work flows and practices.
- Experience in managing large quantities of assets and complex project schedules
- Ability to guide projects from inception through post.
- Must be able to implement structure and workflow solutions.
- Be flexible in your work schedule (Events/Broadcast on nights and weekends)
- Work with multiple teams of Blizzard employees, contractors, and vendors working on multiple franchise esports productions.
- Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
- Strong ownership and responsibility for the work they are responsible for
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to travel for a good portion of the season/year
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms, including audience demographics and competitive landscape
- A passion for video games and esports
- Sports Production experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.