Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League. ABEL is uniquely positioned to create long term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Leading the charge, the Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history. Similarly, the Call of Duty World League team successfully launched the Global Pro League and has continued to grow the already popular Call of Duty esports scene.
As Director, CRM Strategy and Analytics you will lead the development and implementation of CRM strategy to recruit and build long term relationships with fan and player cohorts across our esports properties.
- Create the CRM vision for ABEL and develop plans for each League to recruit and build long-term relationships with identified fan/player cohorts
- Drive implementation of global fan promotions and incentives, ensuring they are properly managed, executed, and measured with a focus on continual optimization of our acquisition and retention strategies
- Determine critical data elements to enrich customer profiles and develop strategies to accurately ingest this data
- Create metrics for the overall CRM program to ensure growth and retention of the ABEL audience
- Experience leading a Marketing Cloud implementation, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, or Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Partner with marketing leadership to drive data strategy and list segmentation to optimize best-in class marketing campaigns
- Work with database warehouse vendors and consultants to help integrate new data sources into core architecture
- Collaborate with broader analytics partners to provide insights using Salesforce internal reports and analytical models built within business intelligence tools
- Partner with OWL and CWL web & mobile product teams to determine functional requirements and prioritization as it relates to CRM
- 8+ years professional experience in CRM strategy or related consulting role
- 4+ years leadership and team management experience
- Experience managing Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other Marketing Cloud systems
- Strong technical understanding of CRM/Marketing Cloud systems, including data ingestion and export, automations, API connectivity, DNS configuration, Journey Builder, Content Builder, AMPscript/personalization, etc.
- Experience with CRM implementations and migrating legacy data to new Salesforce instances
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, media, communications, related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in handling large datasets and tools like Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, basic formulas, linking documents, import/export of data), relational databases/SQL, etc.
- A strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized
- Must possess the outstanding problem-solving capabilities necessary to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise
- Ability to identify with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders with varying levels of adoption and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to research new technologies that drive fan engagement
- Diplomatic and capable of building sound business arguments; able to respectfully challenge requests that do not align with CRM vision and strategy
- Experience with ETL and master data management (MDM) a plus.
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.