Blizzard Entertainment’s Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Engineer to join our Collaboration, Identity, and Auth team. The CIA team is responsible for the infrastructure which supports on-prem and cloud authentication, identity management, and collaboration with productivity suites like Office 365. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting centralized and cloud-based IT infrastructures which form the cornerstone of user access management.
This individual is ideally a self-starter who watches for every area of improvement and proactively drives new solutions to stay ahead the company’s needs. Working directly with our project management and other IT teams, this role will drive decisions which shape our services for years to come. This role also works directly with our Security team to review proposed configurations before implementing, and to address any issues with existing infrastructure. Finally, this role will work extensively with our partners at Activision and King to ensure all users have a seamless access experience.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Support our Active Directory, Azure AD, and Okta infrastructure during business hours and in an on-call rotation.
- Design and implement new Okta standards and guidelines to improve consistency and reliability.
- Support legacy auth configurations such as LDAP and ADFS.
- Drive secure services toward Infrastructure as Code using tools like Powershell DSC.
- Provide guidance to integration teams and other administrators from across the business.
- Monitor service health and improve monitoring toolkits for better service insight and alerting.
- Create documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, Knowledge Base articles, and Troubleshooting Guides which promote user and administrator self-service.
- 5 years’ experience designing, deploying, and managing Active Directory
- 5 years’ experience designing and implementing Okta and Okta application integrations
- 5 years’ experience with SSO auth standards like SAML and OAUTH/OpenID Connect.
- 5 years’ experience using Powershell for automation of system and user management.
- 5 years’ experience designing, deploying, and managing MS Group Policy Objects.
- 3 years’ experience designing and managing AzureAD and Azure AD Connect
- 3 years’ experience engineering new enterprise solutions from requirements gathering through implementation, documentation, and operational hand off.
- Advanced knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- Okta Certified Administrator or Okta Certified Consultant
- Experience with Ping SSO
- Experience with tools like Recovery Manager for AD and GPOADmin
- Familiarity with implementing Zero Trust in an enterprise environment
- Virtualization experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Love for video games and other geeky stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.