Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Character Concept Supervisor to join its Overwatch art team in Irvine, California. This is a position that combines hands on art direction, management, and engine integration across a wide range of game assets including characters, and weapons. We are searching for the type of artist and leader who can give precise and constructive visual input, as well as implement feedback to direct external artists and guide them to successful results.
Do you have strong art direction and leadership skills that can help you manage, guide and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors? Are you an experienced and flexible artist who can complete concepts, paint-overs and clarifying break-out sketches as well as collaborate with modelers and riggers to make final edits? Do you thrive on collaborating with character and production artists to build and grow relationships and help identify art needs? If you are ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make an epic game experience, please read on.
Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Manage communications and provide direction to concept artists to help maintain and develop strong creative relationships between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and character requirements to support external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets. Construct detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor to consistently deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Collaborate with character team to make any needed quick-turnaround fixes to keep assets production ready.
- Work closely with the art director, senior character supervisor, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets and costs for art assets.
- Coordinate with the outsourcing team to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Identify, research and review possible external artist and vendors.
- Extensive experience in digital concept art asset creation
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Highly organized, internally motivated, customer focused, and a great teammate
- Understanding of the visual style of Overwatch and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console title as a concept artist
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in an art director or lead artist role
- Fluency in a language other than English, including Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, or Korean
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us.
Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.