Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Product Manager to guide the development and adoption of player behavior policy enforcement tools and services, champion data driven prioritization and decision-making frameworks, and lead internal and external thought leadership of behavior by design principles and other player behavior topics.
You’ll join the established Player Interactions and Trust team which includes data science, software engineering, research, design, and key partners within our game teams. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the ways that Blizzard players interact and the ways these interactions are weaponized (also known as disruptive or “toxic” behaviors). You’ll use this understanding to guide and prioritize efforts across the company to reduce the prevalence and impact of these disruptive behaviors.Responsibilities
- Develop and drive the vision and roadmap for the Player Interactions and Trust team
- Define the success criteria and key metrics for the team’s products and services, and positively impact those metrics
- Align roadmaps and coordinate product prioritization decisions with senior stakeholders in game teams, customer service teams, and technical platform teams
- Deeply understand the concerns and emergent behaviors within our online communities, and the ways those behaviors differ across different regions and cultures
- Deeply understand the ways that communication and gameplay systems can be weaponized
- Understand and strongly advocate for “behavior by design” principles and features (e.g. Overwatch’s Endorsements system)
- A track record of successfully managing products or services from idea to delivery
- Empathy for user problems and the ability to transform player insights into product features
- Strong understanding the software development lifecycle and a working understanding of production methodologies
- Ability to think strategically about a problem space and communicate a compelling product vision
- Ability to exemplify thought leadership through strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional planning, collaboration, and organizational navigation skills
- Knowledge of and Passion for Gaming particularly Blizzard games
- Experience with applied machine learning products or services
- Strong experience with Project or Program Management
- Experience working with external advocacy or non-profit organizations
- Experience with consumer trust and safety efforts or content moderation
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.