Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Manager to join our embedded teams on-boarding new technologies, diving into complex issues, and integrating next generation services.
SREs use a software engineering approach to support the architecture, build, and deploy applications in large scale at Blizzard Entertainment. The role is comprised of talented engineers that are focused on improving reliability-as-a-feature through a data-driven approach: telemetry, automation, and functional/unit testing.
If you're interested in managing teams of SREs to support, simplify, automate, and improve many of Blizzard's critical services- then we'd love to talk to you!
- Work directly with development and engineering teams to ensure end-to-end availability and performance of Blizzard’s services. This will include guidance and architectural recommendations for designing, building, and supporting the development pipeline, automating infrastructure and operations, creating telemetry for monitoring, engineering for high reliability, and evangelizing best practices.
- Collaborate with SRE leadership across the business to define and implement SRE best practices
- Develop and maintain highly effective relationships with product team leadership
- Work with technical leads and individual contributors to develop career growth plans
- Regularly assess SRE workloads to ensure that technical debt is kept in check and appropriate amounts of time are allocated to engineering efforts
- Assess build vs. buy scenarios for various technical solutions
- Experience with software development (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++).
- Extensive experience with container computing (e.g. Docker & Kubernetes), cloud hosting (e.g. AWS, GCP, OpenStack), and CI Pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Expertise in Linux/Windows systems and operational excellence, and well as application stability, security, performance, capacity management, and documentation.
- Exceptional ability to lead, inspire, and develop people
- Able to effectively discuss, translate, and describe highly complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working in a fast pace high demand work environment
- Healthy understanding of game industry landscape and evolving business models
- Highly technical background with an BS in Computer Science is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Blizzard Entertainment Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated again on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.