Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized lawyer to join our in-house legal team in support of operational and strategic initiatives with a focus on issues of privacy, data security and e-commerce.
The ideal candidate brings proven expertise in privacy and e-commerce in the entertainment industry, experience operating in a complex technical business environment and a global perspective. They will be responsible for closely partnering with game, platform, security, information technology, publishing, customer service, human resources, and other teams to guide the approach and solutions to complex questions affecting millions of players around the word.
- Provide legal guidance across the entire business on issues of privacy and ecommerce
- Advise on compliance with privacy and e-commerce law and regulation, including data protection, data retention, data security, data breach, forms of payment, and virtual currency
- Assist in the improvement and continued development of Blizzard’s data protection program
- Negotiate and review commercial agreements, with a focus on privacy and ecommerce risks, and support the legal team to draft, review and negotiate data protection, security and regulator provisions in agreements
- Respond promptly to a wide range of privacy and ecommerce legal requests from across the business
- Collaborate with international legal colleagues to provide global guidance in areas of data privacy and ecommerce
- Maintain awareness of trends, pending litigation and legislation surrounding privacy and e-commerce issues, and educate business of implications
- Juris Doctorate and admission to California State Bar in good standing or admission to another State Bar; willingness and qualifications to be “Registered In-House Counsel”
- Minimum 9+ years experience as a practicing lawyer at a reputable firm and/or in-house department required, with some in-house experience preferred
- Extensive e-commerce and privacy experience
- Strategic and creative thinking, exercising excellent, balanced and practical business judgment
- Outstanding written and oral communications, with the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues across the business
- Established ability to proactively identify legal risks and propose creative solutions
- Experience and competency as the primary attorney on client matters, including strong drafting skills and attention to detail
- Proven successes working with executive clients and deftly guiding complex decisions
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization and thrive in a dynamic industry, business and legal environment
- Common sense, good judgment and desire to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and ability to independently handle multiple, diverse projects simultaneously and under deadline
- Strong ethics and influencing skills
- Top law firm experience
- Knowledge of international law surrounding privacy and ecommerce
- Experience in a games, entertainment or media company
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.