The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our E-commerce team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all those features and more.
As a software engineer on the E-commerce Payments team, you will a join group of engineers dedicated to building a global platform allowing our fans worldwide to experience Blizzard content. You will be a part of our continuing efforts to evolve our order acquisition and workflow orchestration systems to keep up with an ever-changing commerce landscape. You will also be exposed to the inner-workings of the online and mobile payment spaces. In this role, you will not only be writing code but be a part of projects across all phases of our SDLC.
- Design and implement new features for purchasing, inventory management, and payment processing on our cross-platform ecommerce system, including integrations with second and third parties
- Collaborate with multiple development teams ensuring proper designs and integrations
- Be a part of the implementation and maintenance of our infrastructure
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance across all tiers
- Support and improve live production service
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- A minimum of 2 years of professional software engineering experience, with a solid foundation in Java, C#, or another object-oriented language
- Proven knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Understanding of web services, messaging middleware, security, microservices, and n-tier architectures
- Previous experience developing, delivering, and maintaining APIs
- Familiarity with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Familiarity in data-modelling and RDBMS development practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing for and operating large distributed systems at high scale (hundreds of servers, global deployments, tens of thousands of req/sec)
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Docker or other container platforms
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with billing and payment systems
- Passion for technology and video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.