Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
The Senior Manager, Franchises and Competition will oversee a wide range of initiatives, including supporting the teams and ongoing league operations. You are responsible for the execution of best practices across teams in the areas of business, operations, and competition for all of the league’s teams.
You will tackle a wide range of challenges and guide teams of creative, operational, and executive personnel. You’re able to bring strategic insight and advanced expertise in a wide variety of topics, such as development processes, statistics, business modeling, knowledge management, finance and operations management.
- Develop and execute strategy across a wide range of business areas including aspects of team operations, branding and marketing, sponsorship, merchandise, and live events
- Partner with league leadership and team ownership to model and define best practices across all areas of team business and operations to ensure the highest functioning teams in esports
- Apply structured analysis to achieve insights on big game-changing business initiatives; present information that is relevant and understandable to stakeholders
- Evaluate business initiative proposals and communicate recommendations to team leadership and executives
- Provide guidance and leadership to the league’s business intelligence and operations teams on key initiatives of strategic importance to the league
- Collaborate closely with business intelligence, finance and marketing to monitor health of the business
- 6+ years of experience in an advanced business strategy function, preferably in sports or video games
- Experience in leadership and management of cross-functional teams
- Significant knowledge of sports business operations, or esports products and intellectual properties
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw actionable business strategy
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- Experience in consulting or private equity
- Experience in a start-up environment or launch of large-scale initiatives
- Fluent in Korean, French or Mandarin Chinese
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.