As an artist, you will help to bring Blizzard’s art style through to mobile audiences. Your charge is to maintain the artistic vision set forth by the Art Director. This will include giving direction on outsourcing art assets.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience in multiple art disciplines with mastery over one art discipline. You should have an ability to provide clear paint-over and verbal feedback to others both internally and externally.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Provide feedback (visually and verbally) on art assets
- Own the quality control over incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team
- Create benchmark art assets and best practices guides
- Partner with art leadership to help define and realize the art vision
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other artists
- Communicate with production, design, and other departments
- Clear and concise communication and people skills
- Exploring a wide variety of ideas that push Blizzard’s art style
- 5+ years of experience as an artist or outsource supervisor
- Expertise in two of the following: character, environment, props, architecture, & illustration
- Mentorship experience of artists
- Organized, great follow-through, self-driven, and team player
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Has worked closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
- Understand real-time game development needs
- You have a deep understanding of Blizzard’s art style and a passion for Blizzard franchises
- Portfolio website or Demo reel
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.