In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty will expand to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. Nine teams have been announced to date in Atlanta, Dallas, Florida, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, and Toronto, bringing more competitive events to fans in cities around the globe in a home and away gameplay format. Additional information related to the evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for launch.
The manager, competition operations is a hands-on tournament operation role, responsible for all competition decisions at events. They will administrate all pro matches, from start to finish. This includes team pass check-in, credential validation, and player coordination. This is a position for a seasoned esports professional with experience managing live tournaments and event staff.
This position is based in our Santa Monica office, with significant travel during the league season.
- Oversee and direct the operations of regional Call of Duty esports competitions, including professional league play, amateur circuits, and various other exhibition competitions
- Assist with event preparation and execution as it relates to competition operations
- Travel to regional events on an ongoing basis to ensure a smooth competition experience for the teams, players, and fans
- Point of contact for communicating rules and clarifications to internal and external partners
- Assist in designing competitive systems and formats focused on delivering the best experience to participants and spectators
- Manage the competition from start to finish, including competitor check-in, bracket seeding, scheduling, and finalizing results
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Business, related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in league operations or relevant function for traditional sports, or esports
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing and supporting governance standards
- Broad knowledge of league operations, ideally across multiple sports/esports and competitive levels
- Strong understanding of esports competitions, formats and rules, especially FPS
- Deep knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise
- Passion for esports and gaming
- Experience with talent management
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to travel, including international travel
- Cover letter
Other jobs in Esports
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.