Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making the actual card-playing gameplay of Hearthstone be the best that it can be. This position is a member of a small team of engineers that supports and improves the card-related rules, effects, AI and general play of Hearthstone. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
- Support all things ‘in-game’ for Hearthstone, both client and server side. Some of the areas that the gameplay team is responsible for include:
- New card mechanics
- Ruleset changes and maintenance
- New FX features and hook-ups
- Scripting system support for crafting cards and scenarios
- Minor live support for gameplay-related issues
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in programming software.
- Strong, proven C++ and C# skills.
- Experience with the Unity platform.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
- A burning desire to make the gameplay of Hearthstone the best that it can be for our players.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Previous experience supporting and shipping AAA game titles.
- Previous experience developing card games or other turn-based strategy titles.
- iOS and/or Android development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.