Blizzard Esports is seeking an Associate Content Manager to support its Hearthstone Esports, World of Warcraft Esports, and Classic Esports programs online and across all social channels. This person will be responsible for creating and publishing content to Blizzard Esports O&O and social accounts. This person will also work cross-departmentally, strategically allocating time to support all Blizzard Esports brands through thoughtful content generation and event coverage. This role will help develop our brands online, grow our esports social channels, and increase content reach and engagement with our esports programs.
The ideal candidate will have a background in publishing and social media, and a proficiency across Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and StarCraft II. This Associate Content Manager will be an experienced contributor passionate about esports social media, innovative brand communication, the gaming industry, and player communities. The Assoc. Content Manager will be driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with experience in community development efforts and social media marketing in the entertainment industry. Please note that this position will be required to work some nights and weekends and some travel will be required. This is a temporary position based in Irvine, California.
- Plan, write, and post content to Blizzard Esports social accounts (Hearthstone, StarCraft, World of Warcraft).
- Write, edit, and post content for big events and news announcements—including CMS publishing, LOC submission, and tracking.
- Manage process for posting esports content in conjunction with the BatteNet launcher team.
- Coordinate with PR and marketing on other franchise efforts.
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed to accommodate for special event coverage.
- Maintain a calendar of events to track social, event, and announcement comms and content.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels.
- Optimize esports social media efforts to maximize campaign success.
- Provide on-going engagement and listening support to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities.
- Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management.
- Support team knowledge and innovation within social media.
- Act as liaison between game development team and player community.
- Work with internal creative teams to drive the creation of graphics, video, and copy to support current marketing goals across community and competitive programs.
- Partner with internal game teams to identify and drive cross-promotion opportunities across multiple franchises.
- Plan and facilitate paid social campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in managing social media channels and content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet.
- 2-3+ years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of current social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best practices.
- Ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working across multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad experience and knowledge of marketing communications practices, from copywriting to brand identity.
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube certified).
- Passion for Blizzard esports including Hearthstone, StarCraft, and World of Warcraft.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Experience playing and/or watching esports.
- Experience growing social media channels.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- What games you are currently playing.
- Portfolio or an example of a publicly available social media campaign you’ve managed.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.