An Animator on the World of Warcraft team brings to life the characters and creatures of the world of Azeroth. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 3D and 2D animation is essential. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
Sound fun? If you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Craft animation for characters, mounts and other assets• Animate within the World of Warcraft style
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- Communicate with Production, Art Management, and other departments
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development animating characters
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- A deep understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- A passionate, and creative problem solver with a phenomenal team first attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a character animator
- Skills in one or more of the related character creation tasks -- illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- Experience with MaxScript, or Mel
- Excellent 2D animation skills
- A demo reel link; only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.