Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced front end software engineer to help us design, implement, and maintain web applications for cloud management. If you are excited about the power of the cloud and have a passion for designing and developing killer web applications, read on and apply today!
The technical lead of our cloud front end team will contribute as part of a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for make it easier for all Blizzard team members to configure, deploy, control, and monitor their cloud systems. This lead will collaborate with engineers in our cloud team and across the company to provide the infrastructure and platform necessary for Blizzard games and products to be operated in a hybrid cloud.
- Lead, manage, and mentor team of 4-6 engineers
- Lead research and development efforts to innovate new and improve existing cloud solutions at Blizzard
- Design and implement new internal user-facing features to configure, deploy, control, and monitor cloud systems
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Strong knowledge of current web development trends and a passion to stay current
- Passion to manage and lead high-performance teams and individuals
- Minimum of five years of professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Cover letter included in your submission, indicating:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard Entertainment
- Why this job appeals to you
- What games you are currently playing
- Passion for video games and online gaming platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading, motivating, and coaching engineers
- Experience collaborating effectively in large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience developing back-end services using object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Compute) and private cloud solutions (e.g. OpenStack, VMware)
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with container development and orchestration solutions such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or Apache Mesos
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.